"I want to say one thing specifically to the world today. This was not a terrorist attack against the mighty and the powerful. It was not aimed at Presidents or Prime Ministers. It was aimed at ordinary, working-class Londoners, black and white, Muslim and Christian, Hindu and Jew, young and old. It was an indiscriminate attempt to slaughter, irrespective of any considerations for age, for class, for religion, or whatever.
That isn't an ideology, it isn't even a perverted faith - it is just an indiscriminate attempt at mass murder and we know what the objective is. They seek to divide Londoners. They seek to turn Londoners against each other."
I almost respected him for a moment
but aside from that it's been business as usual under cuddly Ken...
- money spunked on monstrously crooked public-private 'partnerships'
- that fraudulent Olympic bid
- the ridiculous congestion charge which has achieved very little aside from lining contractors' pockets and making the roads a little less congested for the rich
- outright graft and corruption, not least the supremely dodgy Brixton Base project. I can, wait for it (reaches for camera), see the now empty 'Base' out of my front window and I believe that, twat that he is, Andrew Gilligan sussed it out pretty fair and square
- and, above all, the pure and simple arrogance of power. Anyone who has watched the contempt with which Livingstone has treated the elected assembly to which he should have been accountable should have been appalled at his behaviour
I can honestly say the time I took out of my day to vote against Livingstone yesterday was one of the most rewarding ways I have found to spend fifteen minutes of my life
even my local (Labour) MP thinks Ken's a twunt
this 'at least Labour's better than the Tories' crap doesn't wash any more, even if it ever did, which I doubt very much.
In many, many ways, the current shower of bastards have managed to outshine even Thatchler
The Labour party died and was resurrected as a zombie puppet fifteen or more years ago and it's about time a few more people realised that
Bye bye Ken. It's looking like (fingers crossed) you're unemployed now but something tells me that you won't be short of a bob or two
and in related news, here's that clip of Richard Littlejohn bitchslapping that most supremely annoying of Champagne Socialists/ Limousine Liberals Polly Toynbee - as great an enemy of ordinary people as any Tory grandee or fascistic rabble rouser...
When it comes to a toss-up between the likes of Littlejohn or Toynbee I definitely choose neither