And I, and a few folks who have commented on this blog, and a few folks who have written to me directly, have recently expressed a sense of despair about what's going on in the world
There's a sense that global events are heading towards some kind of ghastly, unstoppable climax
Well, yes, I think they might be
But, looking on the bright side...
No, there really is one, honest
It's really quite easy to forget that the last six months or so have been a terrible time for Official Narratives and the interests that control the US, UK and other governments...
- The Georgian attack on Ossetia was a disaster. Western neocon interests got their arses kicked and, just as bad, it was clear from Day One that a significant number of ordinary people in the West weren't buying the round the clock propaganda about the conflict that was being directed at us
- Ditto for the recent disagreement between the Russians and the Ukrainians over gas supplies. We plebs were clearly supposed to blame the Evil Russians for cuting our energy supplies off, but a large number of us just weren't having it
- The fucked up false flag attack at Mumbai was another disaster. Whoever was behind it (I wonder) made a complete dog's cock of the entire business and it's proven to be so difficult to stitch together an even vaguely credible attempt at an official narrative that the mainstream media are behaving virtually as if it never happened
- The jury at the Jean Charles de Menezes inquest refused to play along with an official whitewash and during the inquest we discovered that, yes, the police were fully aware that JCdM was not carrying a bomb but his execution was ordered anyway, by an unidentified person who overruled the policewoman who was nominally in charge of the operation
- During the show trial of the alleged 7/7 helpers it was revealed that the alleged 7/7 bombers weren't carrying the bombs and that their personal IDs recovered from the carnage weren't anywhere near them, or the bombs, when the bombs exploded
- The global reaction to the recent assault of Gaza has gone terribly for the Israelis. The old excuses and rationalisations just aren't cutting it any more and the shills they've been putting on the television, in the newspapers and the net have been soundly thrashed and exposed for the lying fucks they are, time and again
- It also seems pretty likely to me that the inevitable economic crash that the Powers that Be knew was coming got under way a lot earlier than scheduled. There is a good portion of the infrastructure of a police state in place but it is nowhere near complete and the UK government, for example, has been frantic in trying to roll its ID card and other controlling measures out. Too late now I think.
I'm not forgetting the victims of these fucked up false flag attacks and bullshit but, on balance, recent attempts at staging once dependable false flag attacks and bullshit have gone far from well for the people behind them
So, chin up. There's a tremendous learning process at work. It's most concentrated on the net but its effects are rippling out beyond
And, as I was discussing with a few folk yesterday, when I first engaged with net-based alternative explanations of how the world works, conspiratorial internet sites and blogs were littered with stuff about crop circles, UFOs and other, mostly nonsense, stuff which was frequently blended in with serious parapolitical material about 9/11 and the machinations of our ruling class.
Now, a few years later, you are much more likely to see material about how our money system works and the first, tentative steps to figuring out new social and economic ideologies than pictures of pie tins hanging off pieces of string
And, just for clarity's sake, I don't know if aliens are in and out of this planet like Piccadilly Circus or not; though I doubt it. What I am certain of is that trying to hitch space-alien-crop circle-bullshitainment onto matters of life, death and exploitation is at best misguided and at worst willfully wicked and deceitful
Somehow, in spite of all the nonsense, all the disinfo, misinfo, sabotage and bullshit, the people I'm running into on-line are better informed, better focused and more savvy than they were five years ago. They are also more restless and trying to figure out how they can apply their new consciousness and understanding to the 'real' world
This is good news and a (small) reason to be optimistic