Black helicopters ... cool!
Further to my last post about all of us being suckered time and time again into roughly equally divided two-party thought and political systems…
A recent story on the BBC reported on some research undertaken on global wealth distribution that came up with the earth-shattering conclusion -
The richest 2% of adults in the world own more than half of all household wealth
And for their next trick the authors of the report will be trying to establish if rain is wet.
And sticking with the subject of rich sociopaths…
The BBC (Berezovsky Broadcasting Company) and the rest of the UK media - organisations that refuse to entertain political conspiracy theories except for when they do - continue to regurgitate any old crap that’s passed onto them about the Litvinenko poisoning. Personal favourite morsels of crap include -
- Merrily reporting Litvinenko’s supposed deathbed denunciation of Vladimir Putin. Speaking as someone who has sat by a couple of deathbeds in recent months, the text of Litvinenko’s testament doesn’t quite have the ring of someone in the final stages of terminal sickness… But as I lie here I can distinctly hear the beating of wings of the angel of death. I may be able to give him the slip but I have to say my legs do not run as fast as I would like. I think, therefore, that this may be the time to say one or two things to the person responsible for my present condition…
- Repeated hypothesising that thallium, sorry polonium, could only have come from a government installation and therefore a give-away that the Russian government was behind the murder. Because, as we all know, only the Russians have nuclear reactors and security of radioactive material in the Former Soviet Union has been watertight for years now
- The papers have also taken lately to banging on about how the Russians aren’t giving the Metropolitan Police carte blanche to extraordinarily rendite any Russian citizen they fancy back to the UK. Because, of course, if the situation were reversed we’d let the Russian police take anyone they wanted back to Russia wouldn’t we? Maybe we could start with all those oligarchs living in nice tax-free (for them anyway) London, wanted in Russia on fraud and money-laundering charges and generally looting their country blind.
- There have been some rumours bouncing around the Net that a possible unexplored motive for the Litvinenko murder was that the UK and Russia were about to sign some kind of beefed-up extradition treaty. The only sourced story that I have found to that effect was published in the FT last month. It’s not a treaty, it’s a memorandum of understanding, and it has already been signed but it is reasonable to conclude that Berezovsky and his mates wouldn’t have been too happy about it.
- Curiously, whilst banging on about the murders of Litvinenko and journalist Anna Politkovskaya till the cows come home our media has shown nothing like the same level of interest in the murder of Andrei Kozlov a few months ago. Kozlov being the incorruptible deputy chairman of the Russian Central Bank who was waging an active, and successful, campaign against corruption and money laundering in the Russian banking system. Nobody seems to give a fuck about him being murdered, who was behind the murder, why he was murdered, or the implications.
One thing's for sure – the streets of London are now paved with polonium and home to a whole rogue’s gallery of dodgy fuckers who have been freely going about their dodgy fucker business without any hindrance from our authorities for years now.
And on the subject of 9/11 and 7/7 ‘conspiracy theories’ and that noble Internet Truth Warrior Alex Jones...
Alex and his boys are gleefully reporting that legendary cult movie director David Lynch and actor James Brolin have now both spoken publicly about their doubts over the official account of 9/11
Lynch and Brolin have consequently joined the distinguished ranks of other entertainment titans such as Ed Asner and Charlie Sheen who have already expressed 9/11 scepticism.
Fingers crossed, maybe British stars of equal calibre; Michael Winner, Leslie Grantham or maybe the woman from the Shake n Vac ad, will one day express their doubts about what really happened on 7/7. Because that will really help getting to the bottom of things, and not turn the whole issue into a joke-circus, definitely not.
I’ve been thinking about the woman from the Shake n Vac ad a lot lately as I reckon there’s a good chance she’s now working as a courier for the FSB, responsible for securely transporting radioactive isotopes around London...
James Brolin’s most famous role was of course in Capricorn One, a thinly disguised exploration of the 'did we really go to the Moon?' conspiracy theory that starred a pair of Barbra Streisand's husbands (Brolin and Elliott Gould), a pair of black helicopters and only one OJ Simpson. Well, there is only one OJ Simpson...
No doubt NASA will finally scotch all those stories that there was something dodgy about the Apollo Program when it returns triumphantly to the Moon to build a permanent base no later than 2020. A mere forty-eight years after the last Apollo landing.
Only forty-eight years
How do you like the taste of them apples conspiro-loons!!!
Forty-eight years being the time it took to go from this -
To this -
Being a bit of a conspiro-loon myself I’m really looking forward to seeing how exactly NASA plans to transport its astronauts across open space in an unshielded tin can without them being cooked like a microwave ready-meal by Solar radiation along the way. NASA might also remember to pack a telescope on one of its Moon missions this time around.
After including an Orson Welles quote from The Third Man (best Black and White movie ever) in an earlier post I was inspired to see if there were any interesting Wellesian video clips available out there on the web. Unfortunately, my wishes were granted ...