Tony Farrell was senior intelligence analyst for South Yorkshire police for 17 years, who underwent a Truth Epiphany in July 2010, submitted an intelligence report to management which identified the New World Order as a bigger terrorist threat than Radical Islam and was subsequently fired for his beliefs
So far, he's told his tale on the Alex Jones show and an orbiting starship, as well as being written about in several blogs and Conspiranoid websites
What interests me about Farrell's treatment by the alternative media thus far is just how easy a ride and warm a reception he's been getting
This is, after all, a milieu where it is normal to be accused of being a government operative or Zionist shill on the flimsiest of pretexts
Unless, that is, you are an ex(?)-police employee with an inconsistent back-story who appears from out of nowhere and says he's one of You now
Apparently, he's just got to be OK
Here's a provisional list of issues I have about this character which will doubtlessly change as he continues to ply his meagre wares...
- The J7 Truth Campaign 7/7 Inquests blog and website are currently the most detailed and comprehensive critiques available of the 7/7 inquest and the Official 7/7 Narrative. Farrell has made no reference to either; preferring instead to cite secondary sources. You really would have to deliberately go out of your way not to refer to J7 when talking about issues arising from 7/7
- Nor has Farrell made any attempt to communicate with J7 even though he is currently popping up everywhere else. This behaviour with regard to J7 is inconsistent with Farrell's stated desire to spread awareness of 7/7 'Truth'. The key differences between J7 and the other groups Farrell has referred to and dealt with are that J7 maintains a sceptical approach to promoting alternative 7/7 narratives and researches the material it publishes thoroughly. I can think of no reason why someone playing a straight game would stear clear of that
- Farrell has currently made little of that fact that he was a police analyst in the same county that three of the four alleged bombers came from. If he didn’t encounter material that offers new insights into the Official 7/7 Narrative in the five years that followed the bombings I would consider that extremely peculiar. Thus far he has simply recycled selected highlights of existing 7/7 lore and nothing more
- Farrel was dismissed in September 2010 and waited until June 2011 to publicise his story. The delay has not been explained. Farrell is now trying to drum up support and potential 'expert' witnesses for his dismissal hearing, scheduled for early September 2011. No Truther knew this man from Adam a month ago and now he's trying to get people who know nothing about the circumstances of his case to become involved in a hearing
- The examples of reasons to doubt the Official 7/7 Narrative Farrell has cited so far include tendencious, potential red herrings; such as a claim that two of the alleged bombers were 'most probably' shot at Canary Wharf. For a allegedly Senior Intelligence Analyst, Tony appears to have a limited capacity to distinguish shit from shoeshine
- I've discussed Farrell's recent interviews with a few fellow sceptics and we all seem to share a vague sense that Farrell, putting it politely, does not exactly exude a powerful forensic intelligence. He does not come across as being anlytical, informed, or any way energised by the material he is discussing. He simply doesn't, to my ears anyway, ring true
Farrell might be what he claims to be. However, as things stand, the persona he has projected so far is completely indistinguishable from a poorly implemented, low-budget attempt to co-opt 7/7 Scepticism by the intelligence community
In fact the strongest reason I currently have for believing that Farrell is an honest Truther is my doubt that the intelligence community would try a stunt as half-arsed, verging on the comical, as this. Spooks must take some pride in their work, surely?
Alex Jones closed his recent interview with Farrell by inviting him on as a resident criminologist to help break down and analyse incidents other than 7/7
It would appear that Farrell is not the only person incapable of distinguishing shit from shine
One to keep an eye on...