...actually, 500 years of democracy, peace and brotherly love produced the cuckoo clock and a great big fuck-off bill
Just in case any fellow Loons still aren't up to speed with this thing, this is what's going on
- Banks engaged in billions/ trillions/ quadrillions of of nonsense paper trades amongst each other
- Our governments are now in the process of honouring the debts and liabilities arising from those nonsense trades
- Governments are underwriting the debts and liabilities of those trades with the income that will be extracted from our future labours. Those fuckers are mortgaging and swopping all our futures like casino chips
- Because the bank trades weren't based on anything real, the resulting debts and liabilities potentially exceed the value of everything in the known universe, plus interest
- The current system is fucked
- It will not die easy or voluntarily
None of the above is LoonTalk©, a Loon would add...
- This was all encouraged and manufactured deliberately
Here's the link to the full version of Harry's timeless soliloquy, featuring my personal favourite line...
"You know, I never feel comfortable on these sort of things. Victims? Don't be melodramatic. Look down there. Tell me. Would you really feel any pity if one of those dots stopped moving forever? If I offered you twenty thousand pounds for every dot that stopped, would you really, old man, tell me to keep my money, or would you calculate how many dots you could afford to spare? Free of income tax, old man. Free of income tax - the only way you can save money nowadays."
Best British film ever? 'course it is