Thursday, June 30, 2005

The Lighter Side of Spam

Salami

Opened my email this morning and this plopped into my mailbox …

From: Neateye [nitaigouranga@aol.com]
Sent: 30 June 2005 05:17
To: StefZ
Subject: Gouranga

Call out Gouranga be happy!!!
Gouranga Gouranga Gouranga ....
That which brings the highest happiness!!

A quick Google search later and I found this link here.

Given that I’ve been a bit grumpy lately and I was in the room on my own, I thought ‘Why not? There’s no harm is there?’ …

I called out ‘Gouranga! Gouranga! Gouranga!’ very loudly indeed; on the basis that louder would presumably mean happier.

My next door neighbours’ dog started barking.

And then, I thought how stupid the dog must think I am, and started laughing.

So, it works then.

4 comments:

Ian said...

I will shout Gouranga out loudly in the office now, un-announced.
After all, I have nothing to lose, my last day in this job is tomorrow anyway, and everyone will have fond memories of me for doing it.

Ian said...

I have been sacked, a day early.

Stef said...

That's the power of gouranga for you. It's best used sparingly.

The Best Cat Trees said...

HelloStef, Ive been surfing the web for the newest info on cat urine eliminator and came accross your site. The Lighter Side of Spam is'nt exactly what i was surfing for, but i see why i found it. Anyway, interesting read. I will continue to look for cat urine eliminator etc... I will be back to your site sometime...